Safety Laws

Gas Safety Check

“Gas Safety checks are carried out by our Gas Safe registered engineers to confirm that all gas appliances in the property are working safely.”
“Landlords must have a Gas Safety Check carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer on all of your properties every year and provide an up-to-date Safety Certificate to the tenant(s). The certificate will confirm a statement of that safety checks completed and that they comply with the requirements of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998”.

Energy Performance Certificate

“An EPC must be provided for all buildings types, whether they are residential, commercial or industrial when they are bought, sold or rented. “It is illegal to advertise a property to Rent unless it has a valid EPC. This must include cost effective recommendations to improve the Energy Performance of the property. The fine for non-compliance can be £200. Landlords offering properties for rent will be required by Law to provide prospective tenants with an Energy Performance Certificate for their property”. Further information on EPC’s can be found here:

Smoke Alarms

“During any period beginning on or after October 1st 2015, whilst a property is occupied under a Tenancy the Landlord must ensure that a Smoke Alarm is equipped on each storey of the property, on which there is a room used wholly or partly as living accommodation. The new Regulations do not stipulate what type of Alarm is required”

Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Carbon Monoxide alarms must be fitted in any room which contains ANY appliance which burns, or is capable of burning solid fuel. This includes; log/coal burning stoves and open fires. We also advise that as best practise alarms should be fitted where Gas and Oil boilers are located”. For further information on any of the above, please click the following link: